Skip to main content

Start Selling

Obtain your Seller’s Permit


You may need to register in any state in which your business plans to engage in the sale, rental, or lease of good, or sale of a taxable service. We’ll help you get registered across multiple states so you can start applying taxes to your transactions.


Work with Eco-fyle to get your Sales Tax Permit

Apply for Your License to Sell

A seller’s permit is required for businesses that sell taxable tangible goods and/or taxable services. Every seller registers with the state’s tax department before selling. It gives the business the authorization to sell products and services. The seller’s permit also gives the business the authority to collect sales tax and remit it to the state. A Seller’s Permit may also be called a Sales Tax Permit, Sales Tax License, Sales and Use Tax Number, Tax ID Number, Sale Tax Certificate, Vendor’s License, and Retail License, it varies by state. You may be required by state tax laws to obtain a seller’s permit if you plan on selling or leasing goods, or offering taxable services in your business. If you fail to obtain a permit it can result in penalties and fines. It’s important to check with your state’s department of revenue to learn about your sales tax obligations.

Sell or Lease Taxable Merchandise

A Seller’s Permit is a required registration document for any businesses selling or leasing taxable items.

Collect Sales Tax

After collecting your information, we’ll fill out the necessary paperwork and file it with the proper governmental authorities.  

Frequently Asked Questions

Have a question? If you can’t find an answer to your question schedule a consultation or email us at

Ready to get started?

Need additional assistance?

The team at Eco-fyle is eager to meet you and help you pursue your goals of incorporation.
Request a consultation with one of our specialists!